- APRIL FOOLS! IT’S ON
SUNDAY MARCH 31SATURDAY APRIL 20 THIS YEAR!
ou’ll get some activity in before the real April Fools Day this year, which is a Monday this year.
- It is ABSOLUTELY FREE! This event costs you $0. However, please register in advance so we know how many treats to get.
- It’s not super early in the morning! Roll-out is at 10am, but please arrive at Latitude 45 beforehand.
- There are 2 distances to choose from!
- The 45 mile route is the same as
last yeartwo years ago! It was so well liked, I just couldn’t change things.
- The 25 mile route is brand new!
- Both routes ride together down River Rd!
- The 25 mile route is 100% on pavement for those of you preferring road bikes.
- Want some gravel? Ride the 45 mile.
- The 45 mile has 20 miles of gravel!
- De Strontberg. The true killer on the 45 mile route. A true test of mettle.
- Don’t have much mettle? You can take the Seven Hills as a cop out. But you shouldn’t.
- Started the 45 mile but can’t go the distance? There are plenty of opportunities to shorten the ride and head back to the shop.
- All riders will be provided with maps and a cue sheet.
- Both routes will (hopefully) be marked! Look for arrows of whatever color is designated at the start of the ride.
- There is a 100% chance that at least one other person of similar ability will be there for you to ride with.
- Ride at your own pace! There’s no cutoff time, but this ride shouldn’t take anyone more than 4 hours at the absolute longest.
- Latitude 45 is open both before (to event participants) and after the ride to assist you with last minute repairs, adjustments, nutrition, and condition specific apparel.
- Need a bike? Or even something better than what you’ve got? We have rentals available at discounted rates for the event.
- There’s a complimentary ice cold PBR (Post Bike Refreshment) (also it’s gonna be Pabst Blue Ribbon) and/or donut waiting for you at the end of the ride. Maybe 2 if not a whole lot of people are partaking…
- Did I mention the 45 mile is a fake race??
- There will be a prize for the fastest male and female finisher of the 45 mile route! Take the win and put it in your palmares forever. You have to follow the route 100% though, and we’ll check Strava.
- We’ll also do a “podium” for the top 3 men and women!
- “What about the prizes for the 25 milers?” See #21.
- The 25 mile is a great warm-up and bellweather for events like Michigan Mountain Mayhem or Zoo De Mack!
- The 45 mile is a great warm-up and bellweather for events like the Lowell 50, Barry-Roubaix, or mountain bike season!
- Latitude 45/Twisted Stone team members get 4 team points!
- Not on our team but interested in joining? This event is a great opportunity to meet almost everyone that’s on the team and join us!
- Never attempted a ride of either distance? This is a great event to conquer either goal!
- Fun is guaranteed!