A message from the Managing Director of Awesomeness himself, we present to you the top ten reasons you should be racing the Highlander (in no particular order).
1. Like climbing? We have nearly 2400 feet of climbing for the long race.
2. Like descending? What goes up must come down! The orange trail has over a
mile of downhill fun.
3. Like beer? Petoskey Brewing is once again a sponsor and will be pouring
beer for your post race refreshments.
4. Like singletrack? Once in the woods, our race is primarily singletrack with
small sections of two-track for passing opportunities. This course has been
selected by mountain bikers, for mountain bikers.
5. Kids race? Well ours is free to ALL kids because we believe in youth cycling.
6. Conflicts? We changed our date so that there are no other cycling conflicts as
compared to previous years. We want to race those other great races too!
7. Have pets? Boyne Highlands offers pet friendly accommodations.
8. Convenience? Bring the whole family to stay and play. Enjoy all of the
tremendous amenities that Boyne Highlands has to offer.
9. Like free stuff? With all of our great sponsors it is highly unlikely that you
will be leaving empty-handed. We also have nearly $3500 in cash prizes!
10. Competitive? With past winners like Jorden Wakeley, Chad Wells, Kaitlyn Patterson, and Beth Craven, you know your skills and fortitude will be put to the test against some of the areas best riders!
Check out this sweet overview of the long Highlander course!